October 3, 2013

Here's My Heart, Lord

I’m a lost cause. I don’t fit in anywhere. I will always fail at this. God has forgotten about me. All this work is for nothing. I don’t deserve this pain. Everything is against me. Nothing’s ever certain. It’s all a lie. There’s no hope. I have nothing to hold on to. 

By the end of a hard day, lies have crept into my heart. They're half-truths, subtle whispers that I begin to accept and live.

I find myself in desperate need of a daily day’s-end reset. I need renewal in the fashion of Romans 12:2. Like a guitar played too long without rest, my heart strings need to be tuned afresh.

This song has been powerful for me in those times of tuning. I gather my Bible and my journal, and pray these lyrics before opening the Word. I’m pausing to consider what lies I’ve accepted over the course of the day. I’m saying “Here’s my heart, Lord. Remove all these prideful, faithless thoughts. Replace them with your Word. Speak what is true.”




1 comment:

  1. Marissa, I LOVE this. Thanks so much for sharing your heart with others!

    ReplyDelete