October 25, 2014

Enjoy {31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes}

"Enjoy."

I place the word on my tongue like candy, and as it melts I catch flavors of

Stealing a nap on a Sunday afternoon  
Laughing with my sister  
Walking through the orchard in horizontal sunlight 
Cuddling in blankets on the couch with Steven, nibbling dark chocolate 
Claiming a rocking chair on the front porch during a thunderstorm 
Journaling in the old white swing under the pecan boughs 
Feeling like I’ve genuinely connected with a student  
Listening to a captivating audiobook while cleaning the kitchen  
Relishing a hot bath while my husband’s beautiful guitar or piano music fills the house 
Sipping black coffee and reading Daily Light on the Daily Path in crisp rays of sunrise

What does "enjoy" taste like for you?




This post is part of 31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes, an exercise in writing a timed, prompted post every day during the month of October. For me, it's a challenge to move beyond prideful perfectionism, to write more freely, and to share more openly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment