October 20, 2014

Fear [Not] {31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes}

What if there’s a natural disaster?

Fear not.

What if my house catches fire while I’m away?

Fear not.

What if I’m assaulted, robbed, kidnapped, shot?

Fear not.

What if someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night?

Fear not.

What if that family member never changes?

Fear not.

What if the government does what I dread most?

Fear not.

What if that most despised candidate is elected for office?

Fear not.

What if I lose my job?

Fear not.

What if people don’t like me?

Fear not.

What if I catch Ebola?

Fear not.

What if I have cancer?

Fear not.

What if I die in a painful way?

Fear not.

What if my parents get Alzheimer’s?

Fear not.

What If my husband dies?

Fear not.

What if my children grow up to hate me?

Fear not.

What if my deepest longings go unfulfilled?

Fear not.

What if I end up alone?

Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10





This post is part of 31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes, an exercise in writing a timed, prompted post every day during the month of October. For me, it's a challenge to move beyond prideful perfectionism, to write more freely, and to share more openly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment